Wednesday, March 9, 2011

More St. Patricks

(I couldnt get a good shot the glitter kept reflecting the flash)
So what can I say... I have become a craft addict. My husband can tell what kind of day I have had by what new decoration or craft is out when he comes home. No new craft/project= bad day. New craft/project= good day :). It gets even better when I can make something out of stuff I already have. This makes the hubby happy!
So I had the hubby cut some leftover 2x4 pieces into about 3 1/2 inch blocks. I painted the blocks green. I only painted the front, top and sides. It ended up with them being slightly different heights. Don't you just love it when you kinda mess up because you weren't paying attention and it totally works to your advantage!! So after I painted them green I cut pieces of scrapbook paper to about 1/4 inch smaller than the block itself and glued them on.

I used my cricut to cut the letters. I glued said letters on. I used Mod Podge on top of it all and while it was still wet sprinkled a little stripper dust aka irredecent glitter. AND.....

SUSHA!!! (what my 2 year old says when he wants to say TA DA) You have a darling St. Patty's day decoration for no money out of pocket. I think today is a good day :)

No comments: