Monday, June 20, 2011
So that is my big long story about how excited I am to have an antique piece of furniture that I have no idea where it is going to go or how I am going to refinish it.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
So without further ado, here it is. Please don't mind my poor point and shoot camera skills......
|Mike this one is for you.|
|Before, don't you just love the detail|
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Mesquite Meatloaf with a Honey Hickory Glaze
1 1/2 lbs ground meat of your choice ( I use turkey)
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp mesquite seasonings
1-2 squirts worchestchire sauce
Mix all ingredients together and shape into a loaf in a greased loaf pan. Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes. Add glaze to top and return to oven for about 10-15 more minutes or until done.
1/2 cup bbq sauce (your favorite flavor) I used and liked Kraft Honey Hickory
1/4 cup catsup
1/4-1/3 cup brown sugar.
We ate it with mashed baby gold potatoes and corn on the cob.
Sorry there are no pics because dinner was late getting on the table and it was gone before I could blink!!
Friday, June 3, 2011
You were all assigned a number by your comment. And I used a random number generator to pick the number.
Let me tell you all that I wanted to pick you all!! For real. Like I said before I love giving gifts, and I love giving personal gifts so perhaps I will be doing another give away shortly.
On to the second part of this post about Dry Shampoo.
So this might get a little TMI but I hope you will understand :) I only wash my hair every 3 days. But since I turned the big 3 ohhhh, my hair has gotten a little oilier. I also have eczema on my scalp. Really crummy I know!!! So I have seen dry shampoos at beauty supply stores they run from 12-24$$ I am hesitant to spend that kinda money when I am not sure how they would work. So I was super excited when I found this recipe for homemade on Petite Elephant. I tried this and I was amazed!! My hair was no longer flat, stringy and greasy! It was like I had just washed it. The other bonus is the oats in it calmed my eczema! YAY!!! So give it a try and tell me what you think.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Today is my most wonderful, handsome, thoughtful, generous, good looking, sweet, hot Husband's birthday. Since he is turning 30, I made a list of 30 things you might not know about him.
1. He doesn’t like chunkies in his ice cream
2. He doesn’t usually use nicknames
3. He is very shy
4. He is an excellent defenseman in roller hockey
5. He doesn’t like chocolate (unless it’s the good Swiss stuff)
6. He loves rice crispy treats
7. He is 9 months younger than me.
8. He stuck his foot through his mom’s hutch glass while trying to use the hutch as a balance beam
9. When he was 3 his parents had to padlock the fridge door.
10. He broke the padlock on the fridge door.
11. He love cheese but if he eats a sharp or aged cheese his cheeks turn red.
12. He got his degree from Weber State but only went on campus to graduate.
13. Every night he is home he reads to Lilly at bedtime.
14. He takes the kids out on their birthdays for a Daddy Date.
15. I believe he is 18th of 36 grandkids on his dad’s side.
16. His first name is Gordon
17. He doesn’t watch sports on TV.
18. He likes playing strategy games like: Settlers of Cattan, Carcassone and Ticket to Ride.
19. He still has all his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys.
20. He still has all his legos in their original boxes.
21. He talks in his sleep and says really funny things
22. He has traveled outside the US to: India, Singapore, Germany and England.
23. He has driven on the Autoban
24. When he was a kid he got to go back East with his grandmother for like 2 weeks.
25. He still likes watching G.I. Joe and Transformer Cartoons.
26. He went to Hawaii on a scout trip.
27. He is nervous to conduct his first sacrament meeting on Sunday.
28. He does the majority of the laundry.
29. He loves tunnels , caverns, anything underground that he can explore. He love to hike.
30. He is the best husband and father EVER!! He takes such good care of us.
I love you!! Happy Birthday Lance!!!
PS. You have till 10pm tonight to comment to win the giveaway. If you are having a hard time leaving a comment (silly blogger). Send me an email and I will make sure you are entered. Winner will be announced Friday morning.