Monday, September 13, 2010

Why This?

This post may seem like I am bragging about myself and that is so far from what I am trying to do. So if that is how this comes across I completely apologize!! I am learning lately that I am not only comfortable in who I am but am learning to be confident as well. So this evening I have been working on a food storage item, and while I worked my mind was going a million miles a minute over starting this blog. I often run into people that see my buying things to start a project or in a conversation I mention something that I do that is considered a "lost art", such as sewing canning, baking, cooking etc. I love to do all this things and so many more. I often tell people that I have ADD. Which I think is true, but my self medication is having lots of things to do and many options to choose from on any given day. Some days I am the baker, creating wonderful pastries to share with friends, other days I am the sewer creating things to either sell or give away, (I mostly end up giving them away). There are many things that I am not good at. I am horrible at sports, I never had much coordination and an accident that left me blind in one eye hasn't helped that situation. I am not a good photographer. I still take pictures of my kids and enjoy looking at them, but they arent very good. I am very cluttery, and find organization in my chaos. I am often late, which really bugs me but I will forever be working on that one. I could go on and on, but that is getting away from the point. I have thoughts and ideas that I love to share with anyone. So here it is my new blog. I hope to teach someone a new skill, note I am not an expert at any of these things, but I am a firm believer that common sense can take you a long way! So the posts may be random, they might even be few and far between, but for me it will become not only an outlet but a way to share my talents with the world :). This is assuming I pick up any readers. I hope you enjoy this as much as I will, I have some projects coming up in the next couple of weeks that I want to blog about.

No comments: