Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another recipe, OK??

So lately I have posted a lot of recipes.  I am pregnant and food is playing a big roll in my world right now.  I am happy to admit that as of my last appointment I had only gained 1 pound.  Not bad for being 20 weeks along.  I however am a week out from my next appointment so we will see how much Halloween weight I have gained.  With that in mind here goes....  I mentioned pumpkin before.  I love it this time of year and try to cook with it as much as possible.  I have been craving a pumpkin spice steamer for weeks now.  I can't bring myself to buy one at Starbucks for 3.50.  Nor can I bring myself to buy a bottle of the flavoring.  I'm cheap I know, but groceries are expensive these days.  4.00 is almost 2 gallons of milk.  In a random search for something to make for dinner tonight I stumbled across a recipe to make your own pumpkin spice syrup.  Here is the recipe I found.  I was like I can do that, and I did only differently :)
So here is what I did, and we had it on our pancakes for dinner and it was delish.

3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (you could use white)
1 tsp pumpkin spice mix
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp pumpkin puree
Boil you water and add sugar.  Stir till disolved.  Add seasonings and pumpkin puree and cook for 5 minutes. Mine got rather thick and gooey.  Store in fridge.  Now you can have your own homemade pumpkin spice steamer, latte or whatever you choose to do with it.

No comments: