Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater.....

It is October, that glorious time of year when apples are being harvested and pressed into cider and pumpkins have ripened on the vine, and Halloween.  Have I ever mentioned how much I adore Halloween?  I will shortly be taking pictures of the glory that is Halloween in my house :)  The other night I was craving something warm and fallish (I know it isn't a word), but you know what I am talking about right?  Something warm and filled with fragrant spices.  So I whipped up some pumpkin cookies cause they are fast and easy.  They were good but I left the chocolate chips out for my crazy family.  For the most part they like chocolate they just don't seem to like it in baked goods.  I was missing them however.  Plus the can of pumpkin I used was huge and I only needed 1 cup for my recipe.  So over the last week we have had pumpkin fest at our house so that we don't waste what was left of the can.  Pumpkin can be kinda expensive these days.  So here is what we have had.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes, Pumpkin Pie French Toast, and Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Carmel Glaze, all have turned out amazing.
Not the best pictures I know, but I have already explained that one :)



No comments: