Monday, November 1, 2010

New Hutch


I am so excited I just might pee my pants. Okay I am not going to pee my pants but... Ever since we moved into the house I have wanted a Hutch in my kitchen. I found one in a catalog it looked like what I wanted and the price was right so Lance bought it for me for Christmas. The photography in said catalog was fantastic!!! The hutch not so much. My friend Stacey just refinished a pie safe that belonged to her Great Grandma. I reignited my desire for a hutch. So I have been checking KSL classifieds for a week or 2, and found one that I liked. It is a 2 pieced mixed set, the base seems older and possibly antique the top is only 3 years old. I went and checked it out and it is what I want. I want to refinish it to match my decor and cover up some of the bumps a bruises it has. I have been gaining courage and reading about technique and materials on how to refinish it on allthingsthrifty. I need some help, I am not sure what color to do it! My kitchen is decorated in Americana theme. I have one red wall and the others are a Yellow(?) the paint colors name was fragrant coriander. I am thinking of doing it a dark blue or a cream? Leave me a comment and tell me what you think I should do.


4 comments:

Kristen said...

Navy - definately a dark blue.

Cindi said...

I like the navy too! :)

Jane said...

Congrats! I love it and can't wait to see what you do with it, I like it both ways. The blue is fun because it is different and bold. Colors are in!

Krista said...

I agree with everyone, I do think blue would be great. However, you might get sick of it fast. I would go with the creme, that way if you ever want to change your decor, you will still have a fabulous creme hutch that will look great anywhere. Creme is a great neutral color that you can't go wrong with. No matter what you do, I am exctied to see the results. I do love the hutch.