Friday, January 27, 2012

Nope I am not dead, and a great recipe.

So it has been months since I have posted.  This pregnancy at least in the  later stages has been extremely hard on me.  I am experiencing things that I have never had to in my previous pregnancies.  I basically have barely enough energy to make sure that my family is: fed, alive and the house not completely destroyed.  While it is driving me bonkers I have had no projects going just because I......  I am not really sure how to finish that sentence.  Anywho, I have absolutely no desire to cook whatsoever, so meals around here have been a lot lacking.  I went to the grocery store the other night without a meal plan in mind but we were out of the basics and so I had no choice but to go.  So I bought a lot of really random things hoping to be able to come up with some sort of meal out of them.  One of the things I bought was a turkey Kielbasa (Polish Sausage), I grew up eating these and like them.  My mom would just slice them into 1 inch hunks and make some bbq sauce.  This just didn't sound good at the moment and so I googled recipes for Kielbasa.  I found this one, Kielbasa and Potato Skillet.

Recipe:

Directions:

  1. 1
    In dutch oven, brown potatoes, kielbasa, onion and peppers in oil.
  2. 2
    Add seasonings and water.
  3. 3
    Bring to a boil.
  4. 4
    Cover tightly and cook for 20 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
  5. 5
    Uncover and put cheese on top.
  6. 6
    Simmer until cheese is melted.


I changed a few things, I don't have an indoor dutch oven or a skillet big enough to handle this recipe so I used a pot.  Second it is really hard to brown raw potatoes but I tried anyway.  Nothing turned brown.  I didn't have a green bell pepper so I used 1/2 a pablano pepper (cross between a jalapeno and a green bell).  After simmering it for the 20 minutes I drained most of the water off. Then added Cheddar cheese.  It was really good!!!!  The potatoes got a cheesy and almost creamy like texture.  Lance ate 3 helpings!  It was also really easy.  I will be making this again and loved how it smelled while it was cooking.

No comments: