- 1In dutch oven, brown potatoes, kielbasa, onion and peppers in oil.
- 2Add seasonings and water.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Cover tightly and cook for 20 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
- 5Uncover and put cheese on top.
- 6Simmer until cheese is melted.
I changed a few things, I don't have an indoor dutch oven or a skillet big enough to handle this recipe so I used a pot. Second it is really hard to brown raw potatoes but I tried anyway. Nothing turned brown. I didn't have a green bell pepper so I used 1/2 a pablano pepper (cross between a jalapeno and a green bell). After simmering it for the 20 minutes I drained most of the water off. Then added Cheddar cheese. It was really good!!!! The potatoes got a cheesy and almost creamy like texture. Lance ate 3 helpings! It was also really easy. I will be making this again and loved how it smelled while it was cooking.