Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pancake Week

So a lot has been going on since I posted last.  I was busy getting ready for girls camp.  A week at girls camp.  Then I realized my family reunion was 2 days after I got home from camp.  We did that and the day after we got home, I got put on bed rest.  Yep that is right!  I am pregnant!!  There was some bleeding so down on the couch I went.  Thank Heavens that only lasted 1 week, and I am pleased to report that the baby is growing right on schedule and has a very good strong heart beat.  This baby will be joining our family in February.  So you would have thought with me being down there would have been tons of posts.  There should have been but there was really lots of projects I took half pictures of and etc.  So I am back and very queasy.  We are a cereal every morning kinda people, with a cooked breakfast thrown in about 1 a week.  Well cereal has no appeal to me right now, might just be the ones we have right now.  So even being nauseous every morning I have been making breakfast.  This week has turned into pancake week. 

Monday was your average all American Buttermilk Pancakes.   You can see the recipe and post about it by clicking here.
I made up a syrup recipe recently that I call Brown Sugar Butter Almond
1 cup water
2 cups brown sugar
2-3tbsp butter
1/2 tsp almond extract
Boil your water, stir in brown sugar until disolved.  Remove from heat add butter and almond extract.  Stir until butter is melted.  Use on your favorite pancakes, french toast, waffles, etc.

No comments: