Friday, April 1, 2011

Piano Bench Blech!!

So we recently purchased a piano. I guess you could call it an antique, it is about 60+ years old. They guy I bought it from said it was made in the 50's. It had its origional bench with it and it had lovely cream pleather. I am sure new it wasn't hideous but today it is!! You can't really see in the pictures but there are several stains and a few puncture holes that look like they came from a stapler. I have had this piece of material sitting in my stash waiting for the perfect project. When I saw it I had to have it. So when I was deciding what to do with the ugly bench, I remembered this fabric. It was perfect and I even had enough.

So I was just going to staple gun it over the pleather, when I was talking on the phone with my mom and she suggested of stitching some casing around the fabric,

and them running some elastic through so that I could take it off and wash it. My mom is so SMART!!! So that is what I did. I basically just folded over the edge and stitched it down. Then ran the elastic through and WAALAA!! My piano bench is ugly no more :) Now I just need to cover the completely blank wall above the piano with something fabulous. I have an idea but just not sure how to put it all together.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute! I could have sworn I was already a follower but I became one (again!)

Homemaker is not a "dirty" word said...

Thanks Stacey!

Jane said...

Looks great! I love the color.

Krista said...

I really like the fabric and the piano is great. Looks good!

*~Petra~* said...

Obviously I have not looked at blogs forever... so I'm catching up. This is soooooooooooo cute. I need to make a pad for the top of my bench... after sitting there for sometimes 2 hours at a time my butt is pretty much numb. Thanks for the idea. :)