Saturday, April 2, 2011

Easy Sunday Breakfast 2




Baked German Pancakes, Dutch Babies, Fluffy Pancakes.............. Where ever you are from or whatever you want to call them MMMMMM!!!! translates into any language. They are simple and only have 5 ingredients that most people have on hand all the time.

1 cup flour
1 cup milk
6 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp melted butter.
Mix flour and salt. Add the milk and stir till combined. ( I have found that if I do this part first it there are hardly any lumps.) Stir in eggs. Pour in well greased baking pan (the greased part is very important!!). Melt butter and pour on top. Bake at 425 for 20-22 minutes. It will rise up and have peaks when the tops of the peaks have browned it us usually done.

You can add a variety of fruits to this, or serve with syrup. I throw it in and have the kids take a bath while it is baking.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love these! My trick for greasing the pan is to put a stick of butter (yes my recipe calls for a whole stick and yes it's amazing! ) in the pan and put that in the oven until it melts and then pour the batter on top of it. It's soooooooooooooo good! (oh but if you use that much butter you have to do 1 and 1/2 cups of flour) Looking at your pictures is making me hungry.