Friday, October 1, 2010

Dinner in a Pinch

So as a SAHM sometimes we have to come up with dinner in a pinch. Basic cooking skills will come in handy right about now. I had no ideas for dinner tonight, and it was getting late (after 5). So here is what I came up with.

1 box pasta
1 cube butter
1 packet of ranch dressing mix
whatever cheese I have on hand. I had mozzerella and parmesan.

Cook your noodles according to directions. While they are cooking melt your butter and add ranch mix to it. Pour it over your noodles sprinkle with cheese and a dash of milk. Stir it all up until your cheese is all melted. This would be great with fresh tomatoes, green onions, chicken anything you have on hand. The night I made this I had some cooked shrimp in the freezer, so I left a little butter in the pan and sauted them up. I am the only one who will eat them so I didn't add it to the pasta. But it tasted fabulous (yes I know I broke the no cheese on seafood rule, but I am a rebel :)!

No comments: