Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Being a Mom

Sometimes life of a mom is hard.  Very rewarding but hard.  So I have a 5 year old who doesn't like to go to bed.  She gets that from her dad's side of the family.  She started Kindergarten today and is so excited to go back tomorrow.  She often has a hard time falling asleep.  Sound familiar???  I have recently been through a 2+ year illness that turned me towards homeopathic remedies.  5 Doctors and no results, whats a girl to do?  I love essential oils.  I am building a collection of them 1 or 2 at a time because they are expensive.  I have recently purchased lavender oil.  HOLY COW, I love that stuff.  Here enters the first part of this post.  Above 5 year old has a hard time falling asleep.  Mix 1 drop in with some coconut oil or unscented lotion and give them a foot rub.  I have done this 3 times in the last 2 weeks and within 10 minutes of each foot rub I have a sleeping 5 year old. 
I use doTerra, I know there are several reputable brands out there of oils, but this is what I use.  Miracle in a bottle.  Give it a try and see who falls asleep faster the parent with it on their hands or the kid with it on their feet.

No comments: